Welcome to my website. My name is Scott Pejic and I have practiced law in Indiana since 1999. I was a science major in college and had planned to attend medical school. During my last year of college, I decided to enroll at the Valparaiso University School of Law. Even though I did not pursue a career in medicine, I apply my knowledge in the sciences to the practice of law.
Specifically, my background in science has equipped me to successfully defend clients involving alcohol related offenses such as Operating While Intoxicated. I have also applied my knowledge of the sciences as it relates to toxicology and autopsy findings to successfully defend persons alleged to have committed murder. Of course, I also employ my understanding of science to representing those injured as a result of another person’s negligent or intentional conduct.
In my practice, criminal defense represents roughly 40% of my workload, OWI (drunk driving) 30%, and civil law (personal injury) another 30%. I represent persons alleged to have committed felonies, misdemeanor or infractions with an emphasis on alcohol related offenses, and can also assist with car wrecks, wrongful death, and other personal injury matters.
In all consultations, I advise all potential clients as to the weaknesses and strengths of their cases. I do not tell clients what they want to hear. I do not give clients false hope. Unfortunately, I do have to decline to accept cases from time to time. This is hard to do when the potential client is sympathetic. I do my best to advise the potential client as to why I decline their case. I have found over the years that sometimes clients just want answers more than anything.
If you are looking for an attorney who will be honest and straightforward with you, I hope you’ll contact me and so can discuss your legal needs.
- National College of DUI Defense, Member, 2005-present
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 1999-present
- LaPorte County Bar Association, Member, 1999-present
- Harvard University, Organic Chemistry summer session, 1994
- Valparaiso University, B.S., 1996
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., 1999
- BAC DataMaster Breath Instrument Training, Certificate of Competency, 2005
- NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Test Training, Practioner Course Certificate of Training, 2005
- NCDD Winter Program, DUI Defense Certificate of Completion, 2009
- 16th Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence, Certificate of Completion, 2009
- BAC DataMaster Breath Instrument Training, National Patent Analytical Systems Certificate of Competency, 2009
- NHTSA/IACT DUI Detection & Standardizing Field Sobriety Testing Instructor, Certificate of Completion, 2009
- EC/IR I Training, Certificate of Completion, 2010
- EC/IR II Training, Certificate of Completion, 2010
- 17th Annual Mastering Scientific Evidence, Certificate of Completion, 2010
- NWI Lawyers Inc/Valparaiso School of Law CLEM Seminar, Evidential Breath Testing: The Basics, 2011
- Tavern Owner’s Association, Alcohol and the Law, 2011
- Defending the DUI Client, Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, 2012
- Current State of DWI Defense, Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, 2013
- Tavern Owner’s Association, Alcohol and the Law, 2013
- DUI: Pre-Trial & Post Trial, Case Law Statutory Update, 2017
- DWI@Trial, Instructions and Pre-trial Motions, 2018